You don’t have to go far to find entertaining summer activities the whole family will love. TD Friends of the Environment Foundation has 10 fun and green activities for all ages that are perfect for a summer’s day.
- Hop on a bike and head over to a farmers market or fruit stand to pick up delicious local fare.
- Be an adventurer in your own community by exploring local trails on foot, bike or rollerblades.
- Go camping at a provincial park, conservation area or even in your own backyard.
- Put on an outdoor puppet theatre show for the neighbourhood. Collect sticks, leaves and flowers to build the set or use as props.
- Plant native flowers or vegetables in your yard or join a community garden project.
- Look for opportunities to green your community by volunteering at local tree planting events, like TD Tree Days with TD Friends of the Environment Foundation.
- Use items found in nature, like rocks and twigs that have fallen from trees, to create unique art and crafts.
- Take games night outside. Simply grab a blanket along with your favourite board games and find a cozy place under a tree for great family fun.
- Grab a magnifying glass, don your scientist lab coat, and explore nature up close.
- Borrow a book on birds from the local library and head outside to see how many you can spot.
Courtesy of: www.newscanada.com