You wake up in the morning and look over at your alarm clock and you only have 5 minutes before your alarm goes off. That’s not the worst part, you feel awful. You name it; running nose, head pounding and throat hurting. You have no chose but to get up, get yourself ready and get your 2 kids ready and out the door. First stop kids school and then work. All sound familiar? Sometimes we are left with no chose but to cope with our cold and get through the day. Here are some things that have worked for me:
- Gargle with warm salt water.
- Bring out the raw honey. You can have honey straight from the jar or add a little bit of fresh lemon. Or try adding honey in warm water or tea.
- Drink immune boosting teas such as ginger.
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated and also it’s a great way to flush out toxins.
- Try light activity, keeping your heart rate below 100 beats per minute. Activities such as walking and yoga will work well. Focus on deep breathing.
- Add a little bit of turmeric to your tea, warm water or warm milk. Yes, this is not going to taste the best but it does have antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rest if you can. Yes, sometimes it’s easier said than done. However, if you can take some time out to rest, even if you have to call in sick then do it. Your co-workers will thank you for not bringing germs to the office.