Zucchini noodles are a delicious way to get an extra serving of veggies. This ‘pasta’ is perfect while zucchini is in season across Canada.
• 3 zucchini
• 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved, about 240-350 mL (1-1/2 cups)
• 160 mL (2/3 cup) basil pesto
• 1 mL (1/4 tsp) salt
1. Use a spiralizer or grate zucchini lengthwise using the large holes of a box grater, into spaghetti-like noodles. It should measure about 2 L (8 cups).
2. Place zucchini in a salad spinner or a colander to drain excess liquid, about 15 minutes. Press down gently to remove more liquid.
3. Transfer to a bowl and toss with tomatoes, pesto and salt until coated. Season with fresh pepper.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Recipe courtesy of Walmart Live Better.
For more summertime recipes or inspiration on how to incorporate fresh produce like zucchini into mealtime, head to www.walmart.ca/recipecentre. You can find fresh regional produce throughout the summer at Walmart.