5 unique and useful wedding gift ideas
Here are some creative ideas being seen in wedding catalogues and registry wish lists across Canada this year.
- The gift of choice. Nowadays, many couples have been living together for years before tying the knot, meaning they won’t need basics like plates and cutlery. They’d probably prefer a cash gift to help pay for the wedding, or a gift card for a nice restaurant or home store.
- Kitchen memories. While many couples will have the basics, most won’t have splurged on quality, high-performance appliances that stand the test of time. Encourage them to make new memories in the kitchen together with a tool they can use to prepare delicious meals, like the Cuisinart Precision Master Stand Mixer. The powerful appliance comes with step-by-step instructions for dozens of recipes, for making everything from a spinach and feta soufflé to chocolate chunk cookies.
- A weekend getaway. The first year of marriage can be stressful, so give them a chance to unwind and reconnect with a long weekend away from home a few months after the wedding. A nice bed and breakfast an hour away is an affordable but very thoughtful gift that will be well received.
- Luxurious linens. No one can ever have too many well-appointed linens. High thread-count sheets and comfy pillows are great options for new and established couples.
- Monogramed anything. Matching his and hers items are cute and commemorate the special occasion. Think monogramed towels, bathrooms or coffee mugs for a personalized touch.
Courtesy of: News Canada