We’re well passed the Ditch-Your-New-Year’s-Resolution Day now (that was January 17th). But we still have that long list of life-goals and dreams to contend with. Whether it’s targets we set for ourselves for our personal lives, or at work or business, we can reassess our goals at any time, really.
Here, we refresh what it takes to create a super productive mindset with some help from Personal Development coaches, Betty and Meyrick D’Sylva, of Super Mindset Dynamics. They work throughout the year, with hundreds of teams and individuals across the world, from Fortune 500 corporations to start-up businesses, helping them get their lives and businesses on track.
The GOSPA Method
They’ve outlined their step-by-step, structured process of thinking, which they use as the foundational strategy to help their clients convert personal dreams into reality. Betty D’Sylva, “A powerful way to think and make better decisions is for you to use the GOSPA method of strategic thinking and planning. GOSPA stands for Goals, Objectives, Strategies, Plans and Activities.”
- Identify true desire and establish goals. Consider what is it that you truly desire? Write down your dream or fantasy. You must commit them to paper. Place these written statements in a place where you will read them every morning.
- Objectives. These are sub-goals or measurable steps you must accomplish within a set timeframe to help you reach your goal.For example, identify the number of calls you need to make each month, to get a specific number of meetings, to get a specific number of presentations, to turn into a specific number of sales, to reach the specific amount of income you desire. The objective will depend upon the type of goal you set.
- Strategies. Make a list of all the steps and work on them, one by one, in the order of priority.
- Plans. A plan is an organized checklist of things you need to do to action your strategy. It is the best time management tool of all.Accomplish each task in the order you plan.
- Activities. These are the daily actions you take to carry out your plans. Take control of your daily activities.Each day you should move forward toward your ultimate goal.
Some Success Factors
- Visualization is the key. Imagine yourself having already achieved your desired goals and enjoying the results. As you repeatedly read your goal every day, do this visualization exercise. Your message will sink into your subconscious mind, which will help you make this a reality.
- Have a Big, Compelling “Why?” To begin writing your goal, you must have a big enough “why” to succeed.You must have compelling reasons to drive you forward to do what it takes to turn your goals into reality. Write down everything you will gain by achieving the goal. “What pleasure it brings you when you achieve it?” Also write down what it will cost you not to achieve the goal. “What pain will it bring you if you do not achieve it?”
- Faith in yourself. Sincerely believe that you have what it takes to achieve the goals you’ve set.
The D’Sylvas’ coaching model stems from their specializations in the Silva Mind Method and their affiliations with the Napoleon Hill Foundation, Bob Proctor’s Life Success Consultants, and NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Trainers.
Betty D’Sylva, “If you meet the requirements of the DBE Formula – Desire, Belief and Expectancy – you are on your way to Success. This is a pre-requisite for achieving anything.
Your ability to discipline yourself to set clear goals and then to work toward them every day will do more to guarantee your success than any other single factor. Of course, you need to have a good self-image to begin with, since your self-image determines the level of your success. Think Success, Act as if you are Successful and, you will Become Successful. Remember, you become what you think about all day.”
Success to you!