Travel and Discover Canada
With Canada’s 150th birthday festivities taking place throughout the year, there’s never been a better time to celebrate all our beautiful country has to offer. This is the perfect year to travel and explore new places from coast to coast. Whether you’re a nature lover who wants to visit the west coast or are looking to experience city life in Toronto or Montreal, check out these five hidden gems that will have you asking why you waited so long.
- Goose Spit Regional Park.Beaches. Bon fires. What’s not to love? Located in Comox, BC, this park will force you to forget the hustle and bustle of everyday life and unwind. Open 5 a.m. to 11 p.m., this is the perfect place to enjoy a beach fire with family and friends. The picturesque park also links to walking trails along Hawkins Road.
- Crescent Heights Stairs.Calgarians swear by this local treasure when they want to get their sweat on. The winding wooden stairs at McHugh Bluff Park get the heart pumping and lead to a gorgeous view of the city’s skyline.
- Gibraltar Point Lighthouse.Get your spook on at Centre Island in Toronto. Built in 1808, the lighthouse is the city’s oldest landmark and undoubtedly one of its most macabre. Legend has it that its original keeper, John Paul Radelmüller, was thrown from the top of the lighthouse and murdered by soldiers from Fort York, and that his ghost still haunts the place.
- Sucrerie de la Montagne.Sweeten your senses at this authentic sugar shack in the midst of a 120-acre forest of maples atop Mont Rigaud, west of Montreal, Quebec. Offering sleigh and wagon rides, Quebecois feasts, live music and maple treats, it is an official Quebec Heritage Site that welcomes visitors year-round.
- Purcell’s Cove Road.Halifax locals know that one of the perks of living there is the great outdoor space. When visiting the city, be sure to take the scenic route along the cove. You’ll find a small parking area, which makes for the perfect lookout spot. Cozy up on a rock and watch the sunset.
From Vancouver to Halifax and everywhere in between, Canada is full of scenic strolls, breathtaking bike rides and more. Catch up on some rest and relaxation in between your next Canadian adventure at a local Holiday Inn Express hotel.
SOURCE : News Canada