Pantene Beautiful Lengths’s mission is to provide free, real-hair wigs for women who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment.
Pantene launched Pantene Beautiful Lengths in Canada in 2007. This national campaign encourages people to share their strength and donate their beautiful, healthy hair or make a financial contribution to create free wigs for women who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment.
On November 12, Pantene is once again celebrating National Donate Your Hair Day.
2016 marks the beginning of the Pantene Beautiful Lengths #DONATE2CREATE campaign which is a national call to action asking people to give generously to the program to aid in the creation of more real-hair wigs for women who have lost their hair due to cancer. The average real-hair wig costs upwards of approximately $1,000; an expense many cancer patients do not anticipate. Making a financial contribution to the #DONATE2CREATE program allows Pantene Beautiful Lengths to create and distribute more real-hair wigs to women battling cancer, at no cost to her.
There are many ways to get involved with Pantene Beautiful Lengths:
- Make a donation where 100% of proceeds will go towards making a real-hair wig
- Donate your hair to the cause
- Each hair donation must be at least 8 inches long
- Hair may be coloured with vegetable dyes, rinses and semi-permanent dyes. It cannot be bleached, permanently coloured or chemically treated
- Gray hair is difficult to use in the wig-making process, so hair may not be more than 5% gray at the time of donation
- Help spread the word by telling others about the campaign
To find out more ways and how you can help, please visit www.beautifullengths.ca. To donate your hair Simply email your request for an appointment to PanteneCanada@gmail.com.
Show your participation of the #DONATE2CREATE campaign by posting to your social channels using #DONATE2CREATE and #BeautifulLengths, tagging @Pantene.