JP Azeitão Shiraz Rose Bacalhoa
Now that summer is here it’s time for Rose all day! Just in time for spring 2017, Bacalhoa has a new Rose. The pale pink color with floral aromas of roses and wildflowers, gives a light pretty feminine flavour. From the first sip you taste an English rose garden mixed with a refreshing amount of acidity the perfect blend for a day filled with sunshine. This Rose is an ideal accompaniment for salads, poultry, or to serve as an aperitif.
Try it with this bean salad recipe.
A bean salad recipe you’ll want to make again and again
Packed with protein and fibre, this summery salad from Ontario Bean Growers makes a great lunch option or side dish for your next barbecue.
Bean and Fennel Salad
Prep time: 15 minutesMakes: 6 servings
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked white pea beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) fennel (anise), diced (feathery bits removed)
- 1 cup (250 mL) snow peas, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dried cranberries
Raspberry Orange Dressing:
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) raspberry vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) orange juice concentrate
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a large bowl, combine white pea beans, fennel, snow peas, red pepper, apricots and cranberries; set aside.
- Combine vinegar, orange juice concentrate, honey, oil and garlic; mix well.
- Pour dressing over white pea beans and vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Nutritional information for one serving: calories 240 kcal; protein 10 g; fat 3 g; carbohydrates 45 g; total dietary fibre 9 g.
Find more recipes online at ontariobeans.on.ca.
SOURCE: News Canada