Nothing will get the family’s attention like a cheeseburger quesadilla. Filled with all your favourite traditional burger toppings, this fun new way to eat a “cheeseburger” will surely have the kids asking for seconds.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 8 oz (227g) fresh crimini mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb (225g) lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dill pickles, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Miracle Whip
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) relish
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) white sugar
- Place mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan, brown mushrooms until moisture has been released, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Add onion, beef and garlic, continuing to cook for 10 minutes or until beef is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine all burger sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of a dry grill pan. Sprinkle with cheese, red onion, tomatoes and dill pickles. Spoon on meat mixture. Top with the second tortilla. If your grill pan comes with a panini press, place preheated press on top of tortilla. If no press is available, carefully flip the quesadilla over using a spatula.
- Remove from skillet and cut into wedges. Top with fresh shredded lettuce and burger sauce and serve.
Find more family-friendly recipes online at mushrooms.ca
COURTESY: News Canada